The Nashua Street Pianos project was established in 2016 by dedicated organizers from Great American Downtown, North Main Music, and Darrell’s Music Hall. This project represents the culmination of many months of preparation, dreaming, enthusiasm, and expression, all made possible with the support of the City of Nashua as well as many generous businesses and individuals. The pianos are kept in tune and playable by the public from May through October. Next time you’re downtown, make a little music of your own!
Artists sought for 2020 piano painting!
Click image below for more information!
ELIGIBILITY: Artists residing in Hillsborough County. Must be 18 years or older or have written parent/guardian consent. Must be available to paint piano during Darrell’s Music Hall’s regular business hours and have transportation to and from 75 Main Street in Nashua.
● This project requires both piano and bench to be painted, one of each available
● Pianos will be tuned for playing, secured, and undercover to protect from weather
● Forever Amber, Great American Downtown, and North Main Music will jury the submitted proposals
● Individual artists and group/collaborative proposals are both welcome to submit
● Proposals submitted after deadline will not be accepted
● Artist will provide/purchase their own paint, brushes, and other supplies as needed
● Artist(s) will receive $350 stipend *total* per piano (not per person)
● Artwork must be family + community friendly
● Deadline to submit is December 31, 2019
● There is no entry fee
● Send proposal in PDF format
● Proposal must include: Names of all artists and contact information: Mailing address, email address, 3–6 digital examples of previous artwork, and brief essay on why you want to paint a street piano (500 words or less)
● SUBMIT PROPOSAL TO EMAIL: email@example.com
● ARTISTS CHOSEN WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL
● Please direct all correspondence to Sarah Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Made possible by the talents and generosity of:
Presenting Piano partner:
Great American Downtown
Rain cover sponsors:
Rain Cover Frame Producers:
Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union
The Lannan Company, Inc.
PRG Rug Galleries
We received small donations from over 50 individuals to support this project! Thank you all for your generosity! Also, big thank you to Tracy Lee Carroll for raising over $1700 in individual contributions through her ForeverAmber fundraiser this winter!
In the news...
It’s not such a surprise anymore to see towns set up pianos on downtown sidewalks with the hope of getting people to stop and play and chat with each other…